We begin with a Rorschach test. As the big election day approaches, which candidate do you see in the photograph? Discuss among yourselves.
Get ready for lots of musical interludes. The nation’s despair runs deep and wide, so profound that it cannot be expressed in mere words.
What do they promise?
Let’s look at what we might expect from our next president, based on campaign promises:
Mr. Trump: Make oil and gas great again,
Ms. Clinton: Wind on every hilltop, solar on every rooftop; renewables good, fossil fuels bad,
From Scott Gaille’s energy blog,
And again from Forbes.
This is a way to evaluate the promises (a/k/a, don’t get your hopes up).
You know what they are. It’s been said that one is reptilian, and the other venal (that’s Hillary in the middle; Nancy Pelosi on the “left”; Harry Reid, in drag and a wig, on the other side).
Here is P. J. O’Rourke’s choice.
Speaking of choices, here is how to survive election day:
- Remain in the fetal position where you’ve been since the primaries, and continue to weep.
- Surrender your belt and shoelaces to someone you trust.
- Mourn over a lost love – the Republic.
- Still undecided? Here is some advice.
- This will pass. We survived Millard Fillmore and Warren G. Harding.
- See Psalm 12. This was all predicted.
- Special shout-out to you Trump primary voters! You vanquished those liberals and insiders like Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Mike Huckabee. You owe the party faithful.