Directed to the energy executive and landman, as well as the in-house attorney, Energy and The Law is a resource for legal developments, commentary and analysis of the law of oil and gas and alternative energy resources.
My goal for this blog is to report to you, the reader, on developments in energy law in a way that is easy to understand and convenient to use. If you are an operator, landman, engineer, investor, royalty owner, or manager, I want you to be able to determine how, or if, a recent court decision, statute, regulation or news item could affect your business. If you are a practitioner or in-house counsel, I want you to be able to determine quickly and efficiently whether a recent development in the law might require more of your attention.
For more information, or for an answer to a question on the topics presented, contact me, Charles Sartain, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 922-8917.
About Charles Sartain
I have been helping clients of all types resolve their commercial disputes for most of my 35 years as a lawyer.
Of the many industries in which I have worked, the energy business is the most fascinating. The clients are smart and driven to success, the legal issues are challenging, the facts are complicated, the dollars are real, and the opposition is formidable.
I began my career at Sun Oil Company, where I learned the nuts and bolts of oil and gas contract and title law. Over time I found that litigation, arbitration, negotiation and, perhaps most important, prevention of disputes were more to my liking.
But “loving the law” isn’t all that I do. I live in Dallas with my wife Erica. Our children spend our money at college. Our son Philip attends Rhodes College, where he plays on the baseball team. Our daughter Katherine attends LSU, where she hopes the Tigers will fare better in their next national championship game.
- Energy litigation in state and federal courts
- Commercial litigation and dispute resolution
- State Bar of Texas — Energy Law and Litigation Sections
- Dallas Bar Association — Board of Directors, Chair of Energy Law Section, Secretary of Business Litigation Section
- Louisiana State University – BS
- LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center – JD
- Texas 1978
- Louisiana 1976
- United States — Northern, Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas; Middle, Western and Eastern Districts of Louisiana; Fifth Circuit